Join Colossi, have access to power! We have a Cyclops Powertap available for rental to members.
Colossi Powertap Wheel
- Treat the wheel as if it were your own.
- Please return the wheel in full working order.
- Clean the wheel if dirty or if you ride it in the wet.
- If you hit a heavy bump or pot hole, check the wheel for true and advise a Committee Member (we can then get the wheel checked quickly).
- Carefully inspect tyre surface before you use and also before you return (remove any imbedded items).
- If you get a flat, repair it so that the next user is not inconvenienced.
- If you prefer to use your own tyre, please replace the Club one before you hand on the wheel.
- The wheel is available to all club members.
- The booking system will be a simple queue. The Committee may alter the bookings to allow for special events (testing days, race events), but notification will be made in advance.
- New bookings will have precedence over repeat bookings to ensure that the wheel is shared around (ie bookings not blocked out by one rider).
- The cost of hire is $70 per week. The hire fee will cover the costs of maintenance and parts for the wheel.
- The maximum hire length is 2 weeks, but if there is no waiting list or other demand you may keep the wheel longer.
- The wheel should be passed back to a Committee Member after use, but may be passed directly to the next user. The Committee Member in charge of the bookings must be informed when the wheel is handed over.We also organise occasional 'power testing' sessions where members can compare TT times and gauge improvements in power / positioning.
Some of the training rides we do include:
Nankunshan Training Camp See above photo & http://bikesandbuildings.blogspot.com/2011/07/epic-rides-nankunshan.html. We're looking to do more of these!
MAD100 100km every Sunday Morning through the New Territories. See Maps page, CMS site & the 'files' section of the SIR site if you are a member.
Tung Chung - regular evening rides and early weekend rides. Contact Laz / TJ on the google groups for more.
SIR Cycling - Tuesday Triple Peaks, the quarterly Tour of Pain & more.
Of course, once you join you can post rides and will see postings for rides with other club members.